Thursday, February 26, 2009

Walking More

I had my first outpatient PT session yesterday.  Having started off on 2/9 with a paralyzed right leg, I'm excited that my homework involves balance and coordination exercises such as standing on either foot, tapping my knees with my heels, and alternately placing my feet on and off a stair.

In order to begin driving a car again, I must master those coordination exercises and also improve my stamina.  I just stepped out of the office and tried walking in the park without the AFO (ankle brace).  I held up well for 10-15 minutes, but I'm recovering from fatigue as I write this!

My PT sessions are Mon, Tue, and Fri at 9 a.m.  I have a follow-up with a neurosurgeon on March 16.  I've been at work just about 6 hours a day since Monday.  My bow arm is not yet what it was, and I still seem to need excessively much sleep, but all in all I think things are progressing quite well.

No comments: